Chatterbox: Jam City
In the works for quite some time, Classical Curves, the debut album from Jam City (a.k.a. Jack Latham), will finally see the light of day next week. Anticipation is high for the record, which is only the second artist full-length to be offered by the Night Slugs label. Ahead of its release, we caught up with the London producer online and peppered him with IMs inquiring about his music, the decision to make an album, his approach to DJing, the role of visual elements in his art, and the expectations that come with being a part of the vaunted Night Slugs crew. Along the way, he even touches on his efforts to avoid the internet and his distaste for the term "neon synths."
Jam City's Classical Curves will be released on May 28.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player