Chatterbox: Jam City
In the works for quite some time, Classical Curves, the debut album from Jam City (a.k.a. Jack Latham), will finally see the light of day next week. Anticipation is high for the record, which is only the second artist full-length to be offered by the Night Slugs label. Ahead of its release, we caught up with the London producer online and peppered him with IMs inquiring about his music, the decision to make an album, his approach to DJing, the role of visual elements in his art, and the expectations that come with being a part of the vaunted Night Slugs crew. Along the way, he even touches on his efforts to avoid the internet and his distaste for the term "neon synths."
Jam City's Classical Curves will be released on May 28.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player