Issue 131: Revolutions Per Minute: Matias Aguayo
As we head into 2010, the continuum of great music streaming from the tail end of last year just don't stop. Latin playboy Matías Aguayo takes house in all sorts of new (vocal-driven) directions, while L-Vis 1990 and Bok Bok hold it down with their London club and label Night Slugs. Then over on this side of the pond, Washed Out, Pictureplane, Toro Y Moi, and Neon Indian take electronic music back to the garage, while Beach House blesses Sub Pop with a new seaside stunner.
- XLR8R TV: Night Slugs
L-Vis 1990 & Bok Bok head into XLR8R's San Francisco office to take the UK-vs.-US snack challenge.
- Video of Glasser's Auerglass Collaboration
Glasser's Cameron Mesirow and visual artist Tauba Auerbach perform together at Auerglass at New York's Deitch Projects.
- Audio from Lindstrøm & Christabelle's Five Star
Hear tracks from Ashford & Simpson, Richard & Linda Thompson, Pia & Jermaine, and more!
- Labels We Love: Matías Aguayo's Cómeme
Read an earlier interview with cover star Matías Aguayo and hear some tracks from his Cómeme label.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player