Issue 131: Revolutions Per Minute: Matias Aguayo
As we head into 2010, the continuum of great music streaming from the tail end of last year just don't stop. Latin playboy Matías Aguayo takes house in all sorts of new (vocal-driven) directions, while L-Vis 1990 and Bok Bok hold it down with their London club and label Night Slugs. Then over on this side of the pond, Washed Out, Pictureplane, Toro Y Moi, and Neon Indian take electronic music back to the garage, while Beach House blesses Sub Pop with a new seaside stunner.
- XLR8R TV: Night Slugs
L-Vis 1990 & Bok Bok head into XLR8R's San Francisco office to take the UK-vs.-US snack challenge.
- Video of Glasser's Auerglass Collaboration
Glasser's Cameron Mesirow and visual artist Tauba Auerbach perform together at Auerglass at New York's Deitch Projects.
- Audio from Lindstrøm & Christabelle's Five Star
Hear tracks from Ashford & Simpson, Richard & Linda Thompson, Pia & Jermaine, and more!
- Labels We Love: Matías Aguayo's Cómeme
Read an earlier interview with cover star Matías Aguayo and hear some tracks from his Cómeme label.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player