German duo JTRP has always straddled the line between functional, eyes-down house music that works the midnight shift and an experimental, almost-psychedelic sound that creeps into the back of one's thoughts whilst in the dance. "Apparition" is a new tune out soon on Synesthesia 2, the second edition of Senseless' series of artist showcases. Both veterans of the Cologne scene, the men of JTRP work a malleable style here, filtering in elements of B-more club music, UK funky, and South African kwaito to alternatingly meditative and delirious effect. Surging bass swells supplant glassy, powder-washed pads that ooze high-end clarity over an otherwise rough and rugged percussion track, which is enhanced by the introduction of rolling congas at the midway point. Featuring another JTRP tune, two from Awkward Movements' NKC, and a jam from Mak & Pasteman, Synesthesia 2 is being released digitally and on a limited-edition press of 250 records with a hand-screened sleeve. Preview the rest of the EP before it drops on May 28, after the jump.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player