Klic "Arp (Bad Mojo Remix)"
- Words: Cam Curran
In the wake of Joy Orbison's "Hyph Mngo" becoming a bonafide underground hit in 2009, scores of producers rushed to fill their dark, brittle compositions with colorful synths and washy melodies. A few years have passed since then, but this remix of Klic (whom we've featured before) by Slovakian artist Bad Mojo (pictured above) demonstrates a similar impulse, with rich synths detuning their way on a heavy portamento around a galloping beat that sprinkles in funky house snares, Pearson Sound-style descending toms, and an ecstatic vocal refrain that carries the tune. "Arp (Bad Mojo Remix)" is distinctive in its understated execution and adherence to an ideal, that of a mid-July dancefloor in need of a refreshing, light-hearted anthem that will lock a crowd in for the remainder of a set.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player