Kry Wolf "Under My Skin"
"Under My Skin" is a snaking, rhythmic number offered up by Kry Wolf, a duo from London with a new release out today on Sounds of Sumo, the Black & Blue EP. The tune is a rude one, with snaps and hand claps writhing under a Coki-like central riff, atop percussion that sounds like it was banged out on a bit of brass piping lifted from one of Brixton's more run-down flats. The riddim is the focus of the tune, with plenty of variation dipping and diving through each section until the track's menacing melody moves things firmly into gutter territory with a keen sense of dancefloor mayhem. There are no politely washed pads and chipmunk vocals here, just some raucous fun.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player