B.Bravo & Teeko "More Than Just a Dream"
Salva and his Frite Nite label have been on a roll recently, putting out releases like Dark Ages' First Born EP (a collaborative effort from Star Eyes and 5kinandbone5) and the label head's collaborative EP with Grenier, "Wake The Dead" b/w "Forest Floor." The latest release, called The Starship Connection EP, is coming on September 18 from Bay Area producers B. Bravo and Teeko. Taken from that record, "More Than Just a Dream" opens with a funky intro that boasts a punishing kick just as big and pronounced as the synth that squeals over the top of it. The tune's inherent funkiness becomes more and more apparent as two-part vocal harmonies are introduced over the same squealing melody and loud, slapping claps. Toward the end, starry synths, and moody piano chords take over for the vocals as they begin to fade, while the funky instrumental carries the groove across the track's remaining minutes.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player