- Words: Glenn Jackson
In the opening moments of "Remember," it's difficult to imagine just where its creator, Uabos, is keen to take the listener. A simple, disco-touched kick-and-hat pattern begins alone, but is slowly joined by a fading vocal loop and a few bits of percussion. Then the chords hit, and "Remember" takes shape as a tender piece of R&B-flavored electronic pop, like a silkier, even more subdued take on John Talabot's excellent "So Will Be Now..." single. Delicate melodies, a poignant bassline, and a never-ending string of appropriately chopped and arranged vocal bits make this one-off from the Milan-based Uabos a memorable tune, and one hopefully telling of more substantial releases to come.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player