Christopher Willits Collaborates with Pianist Ryuichi Sakamoto on New Album
- Words: Taylor Fife
Christopher Willits (who, we should mention, once contributed to XLR8R's pages) continues to showcase his production handiwork and penchant for creating intricately lush soundscapes on a forthcoming collaborative album he crafted with visionary composer Ryuichi Sakamoto, with whom he worked on 2007's Ocean Fire. The new album is called Ancient Future, and will be available via Ghostly on August 6 in Europe, with a worldwide release to follow the next day. The tracklist and artwork for Willits' and Sakamoto's forthcoming LP can be found below, along with a stream of the its closing composition, the aptly titled "Completion."
01. Reticent Reminiscence
02. Abandoned Silence
03. I Don’t Want To Understand
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player