Ziggy Kinder Akrobatik
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Ware
Kinder, a frizzy-haired, Cologne-based minimal house and techno producer, had my ears on lock from his first 12" singles on Ware. Where the work of fellow producers Matthew Dear and Richie Hawtin is fixated on the rhythmic repetitions central to the minimal genre, Kinder takes an abrupt left turn towards melody. Of course, plenty of metrical blips and soda-pop gurgles still pan across the listening threshold, but these micro-noises are only part of the audio palette. Kinder conjures some superb club-rocking numbers like "Augenblicksposer," which unfolds like a purple orchid decorated with lovely reverberating tones. Then "Der Trick Mit Der Kick" arrives halfway in-any listeners not on the dancefloor for this one smoked way too much hash. Akrobatik has me doing flips.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player