City Guide: Portland
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Food carts owned by rock stars, rollerskating, and a video arcade bar. It must be Portland.
For the most recent City Guide episode, we sent a camera to musician, DJ, and man-about-Portland Marius Libman (a.k.a. Copy). Copy shows us some one-of-a-kind Portland gems—a skating rink with the country's largest hanging Wurlitzer, a candy-covered breakfast spot, a video arcade bar, and food carts owned by rock n' rollers.
Since 2002, XLR8R has produced in-depth city guides by talking to the people who know cities best: the musicians and artists responsible for creating vibrant local scenes. This episode also coincides with the release of the Portland edition of XLR8R's City Guide iPhone application. To download the City Guide app, go to xlr8r.com/cityguide or type in "XLR8R Scion City Guide" in the iTunes app store.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player